Monday, August 23, 2010

The Face as a Canvas



On Saturday a few friends and I went to the Rexburg, Idaho fair. When we arrived we quickly decided that it was a pretty pathetic fair. Then we walked by a face painting stand and we had to do it, it was only a dollar after all. The stand was ran by teachers who worked at Jefferson Montessori School, in Rigby ID. The woman who painted my flower is also a professional artist. I sadly did not get her name or information. But am glad I had the opportunity to have a piece of her art on my face for the day.



The rest of the day I felt simply beautiful! It reminded me of the face painting that Mcqueen used for his ready to wear spring summer collection in 2008 (photos below). I love that fashion and art can connect one of the most celebrated and artistic designers, Alexander Mcqueen to the simple Rexburg fair.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment