Sunday, June 13, 2010

DIY Attempt #1

So last Friday I was feeling very creative and adventurous, so I decided to start a DIY project that I have been wanting to do ever since the day I ripped my pants and saw Miss at la Play's post about ripped jeans. As I started this project I imagined being interviewed years from now as a famous designer being asked about some of my first design projects,reminiscing about this little project. These visions quickly vanished as the project quickly turned to disaster. The main problem with this DIY project was my lack of adequate tools. I replaced an exacto knife with small scissors and my shaving razor. I started by cutting triangles in the jeans and then running them over with the razor. I thought they looked cool when the jeans were off but on not so much on. So in the end I ended up making them into cut off shorts. All in all I ended up with a usable product and a ruined razor.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment