Thursday, June 10, 2010

Therapy



Today I made yet another trip to a local thrift store. It is one of my favorite places in town. When I am just fed up and tired of being in a small Idaho town I go their and look through the racks as a sorta therapy. Sometimes out right laughing at some of the ridiculous clothes but at other points I find a piece that starts my imagination down the path toward another masterpiece. Those are the moments that I love.

A few of these moments occurred while thriffting in Paris near the Pompidou center. They came through a military jacket, the perfect oxford heels, and a couple summer dresses.

On the trip today I was on a slightly different mission, I was searching for a sewing machine. I found two but both where missing vital parts so I passed. I ended up finding a beautiful trench coat and book instead all for ten dollars. Now off to a DIY project if it turns out the results will be in the next post
Dresses, Military Jacket, and Hills



.
Vintage store in Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment