Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Black and Blue


Today was a very fabulous productive day full of black and blue. The amazing new track I ran on was black and blue and the outfit I wore today was full of black and blue. This outfit featured some of my favorite tights from Urban Outfitters, these tights for some reason inspire random people to compliment them, I never thought anything of it until I mentioned this to one of my good friends and she said, "What would it be like to be so fashionable that random people commented." She said it in an off hand sorta way, but it really got me thinking. It got me thinking about why I dress the way I do.

The first time I really became interested in fashion was during that traumatic period of all of our lives, the pre-teen years. I was socially awkward and wanted to fit in, and the one thing I noticed was that the popular girls dressed cute. So I started to dress to fit in and to impress others. But as I continued to learn more and more about fashion, developing my own "never, sometimes, and always" in to my own personal style my reasons started to change.
Somewhere in between following the trends and finding my own style I began to love creating an outfit each day and then slowly day by day it became a part of my identity. Not something to impress others or to fit in. It became creating a piece of art each day on my body, something that could be mine each day.

Tights: Urban Outfitters
Shoes and Belt: Thrift Store
Skirt: Urban Outfitters
Flower: Made by me

No comments:

Post a Comment