Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Fashionable Chemist

 This post goes out to my number one fans, the girls who have always been there and taught me how to truly live.

The idea for this post slowly formed throughout the day. It all began when I decided to put on my chemistry society t-shirt. I am typically not a fan of t-shirts and never wear just a t-shirt and jeans. But this shirt is different it is a Chemistry t-shirt (the black and white aspect also makes it a little chicer). And note that I did not wear it with “just” jeans I wore it with my favorite knee high leather boots and did my hair in my favorite lazy day look.

                And Chemistry is different it is something that most try to avoid and don’t truly understand. But Chemistry is something that I love because it is not easy to understand, it is something I work very hard at every day. And some days I question why I am doing what I am doing, actually those are most days. But then there are the days when I reach an understanding or complete a difficult problem and receive that complete sense of accomplishment, almost a small shock of what I was capable of. Those moments are the reason I do what I do. 

I hope that you each know why you do what you do, it is most likely not Chemistry, it might be starting a blog, trying get into the world of fashion, or just simply trying to do a job or get through school. Just know that anything worth getting is hard to get. And remember the moments where you knew why, and if you don’t know why take a second and figure it out and see if it is worth it.

Best Part of the shirt not a fan of Physics ;)






Photo Credit: Kristen Meiser

Boots: Steve Madden
Long Shirt: Buckle
Jeans: Charlotte Rouse 

4 comments:

  1. Really love this post and the way you've put together something you love with fashion :)

    Check out me blog? www.veritalane.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. In reply to your comment, and thank you for that by the way, but yes, I am following you! :) Maybe you could follow back?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit!

    I love your picks!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete