Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Bloggers that I could not Live Without: The Sartorialist

I would like to share the five blogs that really resonate with me in five different posts, as their are just to many amazing things to share about each.

My interest in fashion started in Junior High and developed through out High School, truly blossoming my senior year when I started following the New York Times Style page. It also happened to be the time when fashion blogs were really finding a voice in the fashion world. It was there, on The New York Times Style page, that I found an article discussing the blog Jak & Jil by tom tom. This discovery eventually lead to the discovery of my five favorite bloggers: The Sartorialist, Garance Dore, The Cherry Blossom Girl, Mis at la Playa, and Jak & Jil. All of these blogs are very well known and have won prestigase awards. I have followed all of these blogs for several years now and have really grown to love and treasure the individual personality of their authors and the things that they share with me.

Scott Schuman
The Sartorialist is the genius of Scott Schuman. He is a simply amazing photographer with an amazing talent to find beauty and meaning in individuals everyday outfits and experience. He some how manages to capture the esscence of a person in a single photo. He takes pictures of everyone in all walks of life, a new and different Bill Cunningham (more on him later).

In a film by Intel Visual Life Scott describes the process of photo taking as "Letting yourself fall in love a bit, let yourself be seduced." The video is really good at showing is his creative process.


















No comments:

Post a Comment