Sunday, August 26, 2012

Bloggers that I Could Not Live without: Garance Dore

This is my second post of my five post series "Bloggers that I could not live without". In this post I am going to  talk about the lovely Garance Dore's blog.

I instantly fell in Love with Garance Dore from the first post I read, five years ago, and have not stopped reading since. My favorite thing about Garance is her complete honesty in the fact that she has problems with zits, mascara, and weight. She is a women who sits on the front row of fashion shows and goes to fabulous parties yet she is just like you and me.

It has been interesting to watch how Garance and her blog have progressed through the years. I started reading right on the brink of her popularity, when she was still trying to get her work known. I then watched as she began to partner more and more with Scott her boyfriend and author of The Sartorialist, eventually gaining a team of assistants, and today she is one of the faces of the NET - A - PORTER campaign. Through all of this you can still see the same honest women that she was at the start. Garance has such a talent for sharing the beauty of the fashion world from a truly inspiring perspective.

Garance's talent for catching women in their completely natural state is part of what makes her photos so compeling. Here is a quote from on of her posts: "We forget quickly. What we remember are the moments when people look the most beautiful and feel most at home in their own skin. That’s what sticks with us, what we hold dear and what is most important, don’t you think?" Below are some examples of this talent, there are many more these are just a few of my favorites.





Anna-Dell-Russo

This sweater is sublime

DJ, Solange ~ Garance Dore Interview

Black in the summer ~ Garance Dore

Garance is also a brilliant artist which you may have picked up from her beautiful script on some of the above photos. Garance actually started out as an illustrator. Here are some of my favorite sketches of hers. She also just released a line with Kate Spade that bears her sketches.






We forget quickly. What we remember are the moments when people look the most beautiful and feel most at home in their own skin. That’s what sticks with us, what we hold dear and what is most important, don’t you think? ~ Garance Dore

Bun ~ Garance Dore

~ Garance

Art

New York vs. Paris partying interesting read, and love Garance's drawing!

Here is my absolute favorite video that Garance and Scott have done if you like this you should definitely check out their youtube channel.



Hope you enjoyed this post about this wonderful blogger. I would love to hear what you think about any of my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment