Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Healthy Eating just Makes me Love Life

As I mentioned before we got a Bountiful Basket this week so I have been making a ton of awesome dishes full of fruit and veggies. The first dish I made was a hatch chilies stew. I had never really seen or used hatch chilies before. Hatch chilies are just large chillies with a flavor similar to a green pepper. The recipe I used can be found here. The recipe did not specify state how long to cook the stew. I cooked the stew for three and a half hours on high and it seemed to work great.

Hatch Chilies


The Delicious Stew

My New Dining Table with the Stew 
We also got delicious grapefruit I had forgotten how much I love grapefruit.


I also made an Olive Oil cake with red grapes. It was surprisingly delicious and I am not even a huge grape fan. The recipe is found here. I did not have just plain corn meal so I just used some of a corn bread mix I had on hand and it worked fine.



I also made a smoothie with the grapes. I did not get a picture though. It had a different texture because there were pieces of the skin in it. But still tasty and great for an after run boost. 

Here is the recipe:
2 Cups Grapes
1 Cup Milk
Sugar or Sweetener (I used honey) 

Later in the week I cooked up the brussel sprouts we got using a Rachel Ray recipe. They were surprisingly good. If I make these again I will cut all of them in half, as they get more of the flavor that way.



And here is the favorite thing I made this week an apple pear salad with a balsamic honey dressing with feta cheese.  It was so amazing, it felt like I was eating at a gourmet restaurant!


And I still have more fruit and veggies left so I will keep you posted on what I do with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment