Saturday, May 18, 2013

Smoothie Addict

One of my goals for this summer has been to eat healthy along with running regularly. One of my favorite aids towards this goal is making my own smoothies; for both run recovery and for meals. I have tried a variety of combinations that have all been delicious.

They all start with the same basic four ingredients: Vanilla Yogurt ~a cup (I use Yoplait or Tilimack) , Milk a splash or two (1%), almonds a hand full (for protein and healthy oils), and honey a good squeeze or three (add some sweetness). I do not do measured amounts just what looks and feels right depending on if I am making it for one or two. The smoothie pictured here is my favorite remixed.

My Favorite
The Basic Four
+
Ripe Bananas 
+
Frozen Peaches


My Favorite Remixed
My Favorite
+
Fresh Mango


Berry Fun
Basic Four
+
Strawberries
+
Blueberries


Tropical Blue
Basic Four
+
Pineapple
+
Blueberries



No comments:

Post a Comment