Sunday, September 8, 2013

My Thoughts on the Spring 2014 Collections

Models have been hitting New York runways since this Wednesday. The trends of strong patterns, lingerie like looks, and exposed midriffs have continued to hold strong. Today there seemed to be a trend of dancing on the runway at the end of the show. There have been so many amazing looks that it was difficult to narrow down my favorites, but somebody had to do it. 

Pattern
Thakoon


Prabal Gurung
This show was their 25th anniversary show and is the best show I have looked at this far and has definitely received a lot of well deserved positive press. The backdrop for the show was stunning.
Photo from Prabal Gurung Instagram
Every look from this show was amazing it is well worth checking out the rest of the looks.





Victoria Beckham



Creatures of the Wind
I have been sceptical of some of this brands looks but I loved these coats.



Derek Lam
Derek did a ton of great looks with this picnic plaid but I liked this look showing that you can mix black and blue. I also love this dress showing that the crop top look can be modest.

Del Pozo
I spotted this dreamy gown on eholmeswsj's Instagram and loved it. But I have not found photos of the rest of the line.

DVF
Another eholmeswsj photo of DVF dancing down the runway after her show.
DKNY
Rita Orca a British songwriter and actress closing DKNY by dancing down the runway.

Lingerie/Crop Tops/Swimwear
Thakoon


Alexander Wang
Alexander Wang's line was full of various crop top looks. For me these looks are a little too revealing. But this display of skin is also a sign of the revival of the economy, as modesty is seen during economic downturns. I did find the below look to be interesting.

Photo by: The Sartorialist
DKNY
The DKNY brand is not exactly my style but I really loved these two swimsuit looks. The one on the left, is in two of my favorite colors. While the one on the right has an amazing pattern.


All photos (unless otherwise noted) taken from New York Times website.

No comments:

Post a Comment